2020 CIAD International Dance Competition
Completed forms to be signed, scanned and emailed to Stephanie Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your music and stage cues to Marguerite de Allende at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Registration and entries close by 1 February 2020. We require your registration form and full payment by this date. Please complete the registration form and email it back to us.
- A group constitutes three (3) or more dancers performing.
- Once the entry form is received, we will send you a reference as confirmation of entry into this competition.
- Entry fees are non refundable. There will be no refund of entry fees.
- No Entries will be accepted after the deadline date has passed.
- All contestants must sign an indemnity form.
- All judges scores are final.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult while at the event.
- Competitors and Judges authorise CIAD, the Co-ordinators and their associations to use or sell any or all photos or DVDs taken during the said competition for educational, promotional and professional purposes.
- A schedule will be emailed with your times of performance. If you miss your time slot, you will be disqualified. The onus is on you to be on time and ready for your performance slot.
- The applicant must indicate their style of performance; the winner of each style in each category will receive a certificate.
- A category will only be opened if there are 2 or more participants.
- All performances and choreographies should be original unless permission is granted by the owner. Everyone must adhere to the music timeslots, if you exceed this, the music your music will be stopped.
- CIAD/the Coordinator has the right to change the Judges advertised at any time, should any or all of the judges be unable to attend. Should any participating dancer/group be student/s of a specific judge, the said judge will not be allowed to mark the participating dancer/group and a stand-in judge will mark. To be fair to all participants, the other judges will mark the participating dancer/group.
- The judges’ panel will consist of:
- Prof. Rodolfo Solmoirago (President of CIAD, Argentina)
- Andrea Soledad Olmedo (Argentina)
- The Judges will be looking at: Technique, Choice of music appropriate to the style, Artistic interpretation, Choreography, Expression, Costume and Makeup (overall appearance), Professionalism, and Use of Props. Group: Movement as A Group, Dynamics, Energy, Timing.
- SPECIAL PRIZES
- ALL THE PARTICIPANTS: will receive certificates.
- THE BEST DANCER OF THE EVENT: will receive a Commemorative Trophy, and the choice of a free scholarship to an event of the circuit CIAD.
- THE BEST GROUP OF THE EVENT: will receive Special Trophy, plus free participation scholarship in 2018 (event in which it completed).
- REVELATION DANCER: Commemorative Trophy and free participation scholarship in a CIAD circuit event.
- Dancers will be judged on the style of dance within the category. There may therefore be more than one gold winner per category.